- Covergirl 3 in 1 Foundation by the Queen Collection - offers a great selection of shades. The Queen Collection consists of 14 shades that are not carried in the non Queen Collection version in most drugstores. The darkest shade that I believe that is offered in the other collection is Tan. If you want a foundation that will give you medium to full coverage this is for you. The lasting power is great and I have not experienced any breakouts. This is also good for oily skin types.
- Revlon Nearly Naked - offers about 5 shades for darker skin tones. I usually pick up the color caramel as it reminds me of MAC NC45 with more of yellow undertone. The coverage with this foundation is medium and great as a everyday foundation. If you are more of a oily skin type this may or may not work for your skin. The good thing is you can usually grab this for under $10 at Walmart or on a special sale from the drugstore.
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - offers about 5 shades for darker skin tones. Shade 330 is the closest match for my skin tone. This is also a newer shade that they came out with than the previous launch. Sometimes you can find this foundation for $5 at Walmart and it seems best suited for normal to dry skin types. Though some with oily skin types rock this as well.
12 February 2014
Top 3 Drugstore Foundations for Women of Color
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)






Funny. I was just in Walgreens the other day looking at some foundations. I didn't want to spend too much by going to the makeup counters because I'll only need it temporarily. I had no luck finding my shade. I wish I would have seen your post! I'm glad I'm seeing it now so I can find somewhere that carries the Queen Collection! Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the feedback. I glad it helped as a guideline. Hopefully you can find one you really like :)
Delete