Home decor can be so fun. Today I want to share with you a glitter vase that I made using some inexpensive products. This is a great home DIY you can do yourself or with older kids.
Supplies
Mod Podge (Walmart)
Glitter...any color you like (Walmart)
Flowers (Dollar Store)
Glass Jar (Old Bath and Body Works Candle)
Dry Foam (Walmart)
Goop the glue (Walmart)
Steps
- Pick a glass jar, I chose my Bath and Body Works candle jar. Make sure its throughly clean. Let me know if you want a post on how to clean your old candle jars.
- Lay down a old paper bag to use a neutral surface to protect your workspace.
- Take a little bit of the Mod Podge and spread it on the inside of the jar with a craft brush. You only need a little bit to add the first layer of glitter. Tip: Don't use to much Mod Podge or it will take forever to dry.
- Add your glitter of choice and make sure you coat the the entire inside with glitter.
- Let that dry before moving on...about 30 minutes.
- Add another layer of Mod Podge with your craft brush and then add glitter.
- Allow that to dry completely.
- You can add Mod Podge to seal the glitter--I did not with this jar.
- In the mean time take your Dry Foam and cut it so that your fake flowers have something to connect to once you place them into the jar.
- Once your jar is dry. Use Goop to secure the dry foam to the jar (inside). Then cut your flowers to a height of your preference. I tried to cut the stems different heights to add dimension.
- Poke your flowers into the dry foam and arrange them to your liking.
- Set your creation aside to let the Goop glue dry.
- Then you are all done and your beautiful flower vase is ready to use!
Let me know if you decide to do a glitter vase. I am going to do a gold one next!






This is such a good idea! I always save my old candle jars but have never thought to try and jazz them up a bit!
ReplyDeleteCarly | CBH
I have used some of my old jars to store makeup brushes as well.
DeleteThis looks lovely :)
ReplyDeletehttp://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank you. :)
Deletethis is stunning! it would also be good for makeup brush holders too x
ReplyDeleteive followed you on bloglovin and gfc from when life gives you links bloghop, would you check my blog out too and maybe follow? www.traceysbeauty.blogspot.co.uk x
Sweet! thanks Tracey, glad to have you as a new reader.
Delete