26 January 2014

5 Tips to Better Blogging


1. Your Blog Name and Why its Important. People start blogs everyday and many fall to the way side. If you decide that you actually love to write and interact with people it will be important that your blog represents you. Remember you will also be using this name for all your social media outlets and business correspondence. Does.. stripper86 really represent you and what your about? 

Make sure you are going to love the name you choose and that you wont be embarrassed to say it in front of a major brand or your mother for that matter. 

2. Be You. Its just as simple as you read it. Blogging is about your experience and how you interpret life. Yes, there are hundreds of blogs out there that might be in your same niche. Remember your voice is your own. So STOP comparing yourself to other bloggers that you think are better than you. You have a unique voice and you want to share it. At least I think that’s why you started blogging in the first place right?

3. To DSLR or Not to DSLR is the question? You do not, I repeat, do not need an expensive camera to have awesome photos. So what do you take photos with you ask…most of you already own one these fabulous devices and you use practically everyday. There is a big possibility you might be even reading this post on it. It is your expensive, if you lost it you would cry… PHONE! Yes, use your phone for great photos. All you need is some natural light a clean and clutter free space. Put all those wonderful apps you use for Instagram to use and create awesome photos. Don’t believe me? check out www.susannahconway.com she even tells you the apps she uses! 

4. Picmonkey is your best friend. Picmonkey can help you make those fabulous photos even more gorgeous. There are many tools such as cropping, resizing, adding filters, watermarking. Creating collages are even easy. Best of all most of the tools are FREE and you can practice with them and create awesome art. Most of my photos on my blog are enhanced using Picmonkey. There are others services out there but if you are a beginner this a great start.

5. Don’t Spam Blogs!  Yes, I know you want to get your blog out there and gain readers. Spaming is not the proper way to do it. 

Please do not write this on any blogs comment section:

“Great post! follow me at www.misskarenxo.com” or the infamous
 “follow me and I will follow you!” 
Get out of here with that! Bloggers work very hard on their posts and want a legitimate comment that is not self serving. The next time you think about commenting in that manner please DONT!

So there you have it folks my 5 Tips to Better Blogging. There are plenty more but these will get you started in the right direction. If you have any tips be sure to include them in the comment section. 


Follow me at these places:
Facebook |
Bloglovin |
Twitter |
Pinterest |
Instagram

4 comments :

  1. number 5!!!!! Boils my potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rekita. Your comments should be honest and real when leaving feedback. Its shocking how so many bloggers continue to practice spamming comments.

      Delete
  2. This is a great list, and I wish I knew all of this when I started my blog back in November. I've learned most of them over time, though.

    PicMonkey is fab. It's so great for creating collages, and I always pin those collages I make to Instagram or post them on my Facebook fan page.

    Like Rekita, I agree with number five. It's really tacky and not a good way to get your blog name out there. I purposely don't visit bloggers that spam comments on other peoples' blogs because it suggests that you care more about the views you get than tact, politesse, and quality.

    At the same time, commenting on blogs IS a great way to get your name out there. Leaving relevant, honest comments on blog posts I genuinely like is how I've managed to make friends in the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda I agree with you on providing relevant comments will get you noticed and help build a better rapport with other bloggers. Thanks for the awesome comment.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

 

Blogger Groups

BLM Girls