09 October 2011

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation: My Experience



Product Review Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

For my skin shade I usually wear MAC NC45 but I really think im a NC44. When the Fit Me foundation by Maybelline launched I was not the first the person to jump on the new foundation train. I waited it out for quite some time until there was a really good deal. Not wanting to fork over a ton of money on a foundation that I wasn’t sure I was going to like. I waited until there was some 40% off deal plus a coupon and got it for under $6. No big loss…right?

Anyway, lets begin the review….

Packaging: The bottle seems sleek and noticeable very eye catching compared to other foundation brands at the drugstore. There is no pump! Im about to go off on a tangent…why is that cosmetics companies don’t want to place pumps on foundations How much would a piece of plastic raise the cost of the product?!

Back to the review :D

Foundation:

The foundation is not very thick and pours from the bottle easily. It is easy to apply and blend into the skin. There is SPF so no need to use a separate SPF. Once you apply it to your skin it provides a glow appearance which is not the best if you have oily skin. I tend to like my foundation to stay matte because I feel like I have a fresh face all day.

Coverage is about a medium consistency you can build it up but be careful you don’t want to be an oil slick.




Here are some typical questions that I usually want to know about foundations:

Does it have a scent? Yes, to me it smell like a Jergens lotion
Does it transfer on your clothes? Yes, so be careful
Will it last all day? For me no, I have combination skin so any oily areas rubs right off
Would I purchase this again? No I wouldn’t
Can you set it with a powder? Yes, but that just reduce some of the dewiness for me
Does it have a good color range? Yes it does which is great
What about a matching concealer? The concealer it recommends for my shade 320 is darker than the foundation. The coordinating powder is lighter which I did not purchase
Will it break me out? That depends on your skin sensitivity. I did not break out and I have sensitive skin. Also, a good skin care regime is very helpful to prevent and heal breakouts.

Impression:

I am not in love with the foundation for me since I tend to have long days it can make my skin oily. At the end of the day when I wear this on my longer days I am an oil slick and have the urge to wash my face. I usually will grab for this product when I know I am not going to be wearing foundation very long and I want my skin to glow. This is definitely a product either you love it or hate it.

Has anyone tried this foundation what are your thoughts?

By the way my color is 320 Honey Beige which is a little dark for me so not a perfect match.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

 

Blogger Groups

BLM Girls