29 July 2011

Product Review: Luster's Renutrients Slick Stick


I know many people can understand the importance of taming hair. Myself personally I like to make sure my hair is in place for the day.  I like to wear my hair mainly in a ponytail as this is the most comfortable style I am use to.  Having my hair slick back is a must for me. Most of my styling included use of gels to achieve my desired effect.  The downfall to using a gel is that if your hair is natural, the water from the gel could make your hair curl. Anyway, I had not really thought of an alternative to hair gel. I just thought that this was what worked for me.

As I was watching some Youtube videos I can across a youtuber talking about this hair slick stick. I was immediately interested, could this be a really good product? Does it work? Will it give me the same effect? As I continued to watch the video, the youtuber mention that she got it from Sally’s, Luster’s Renutrients Slick Stick. My first thought was hmm I better hit up Sally’s. Later that week I went to my closest Sally’s they did not even have it! I did not want to order it because I wasn’t too happy to pay for shipping. Finally several weeks later I stopped by another Sally’s and got the product.

Trying out the product is pretty interesting. It twists up like a deodorant stick and you can twist it back if you turn it too far. Also it smells really good, it smells similar to JAM the hair gel. You get about 2oz of product and I found that one it’s not as effective as applying hair gel but you can work with it.

This is how I make it work for me…one I make sure my hair is clean and straight…two I use a small teasing brush to slick down the edges…three I finish with a firm hold hair spray. Using this method, my hair stays in place and I am not using the harsh chemicals of a gel product, which can be drying to my hair.

Here is some product information

“is a lightweight wax that alls you to mold and sculpt your hair into a defined style with precision and shine. Ideal for spiking, ponytails, twists, tapered cuts and styling on the go.”
~Luster’s Renutrients

Anyone can use the product; it is definitely gear toward the African American female who wants to slick their hair down.  Overall, I have consistently used this product and I really like the outcome that I get when I use it. One word of caution is that if you choose to use this product everyday your hair can get oily as it has some olive oil.

What do you think about this product is it working for you or do you use something else?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

 

Blogger Groups

BLM Girls