Revlon Colorstay and Photoready Foundation:
I used to buy the Colorstay foundation years ago and then moved on to M.A.C Cosmetics. At that time I decided I really didn’t like the consistency or the smell of the product.
Recently about 2 weeks ago RiteAid was having a 40% sale on all Revlon products. I was super excited because I had been searching high and low for foundations. The M.A.C ones were causing me to breakout terribly. So the first foundation I purchased on this sale was the Revlon Photoready. Being skeptical about it, because people were saying oh it has glitter and shimmer in it. Honestly I just wanted a matte foundation but I also wanted a foundation for those days when I want my skin to look bronzy.
After purchasing the Photoready I said why not get the colorstay for under $8 if I don’t like it no major loss…Right?
The products are different and I am also convinced that they work differently for everyone’s skin. So here is what I found…
Revlon Colorstay
Packaging: You get no pump just the glass bottle. People do not always like this but I have gotten use to it and have developed my own application method.
Formula: Slightly runny, which to me would equate minimal coverage…not always the case.
Smell: Slight smell but not like it was back in the day
Color range: tons of color options, plus provides different coverage for skin types. Either oily/combination or normal…my color is Rich Ginger (oily/combination)
Price: depending on where you purchase can be between $10- $13.
What it does for me? Well I have combination skin I get oily in my t-zone when its semi hot. The foundation provides good coverage almost full for my skin. I don’t have many blemishes so this provides great consistency for me. I follow up by setting it either with M.A.C. mineralize skinfinish or Studio fix powder.
Revlon Photoready
Packaging: You get a pump! And its controllable i.e. you can do full pump or partial.
Formula: Thicker than colorstay almost like a mousse consistency.
Smell: I haven’t smelled anything really.
Color range: Its definitely limited and you don’t get coverage options such as normal or oily/combination for your skin type. The color I use is Caramel.
Price: depending on where you purchase can be between $11-$14.
What it does for me? It gives me a glow, yes there is some shimmer but it is hardly noticeable unless you’re super close in my face. I really don’t need a full pump for coverage as it is thick. Again I set it either with M.A.C. mineralize skinfinish or Studio fix powder.
Lasting power is really great for me. That could be due to my finishing spray Urban Decay De-slic (let me know if you want a review on that product). Overall, I can say that these two foundations are probably my favorite drugstore items. I am a huge fan of Revlon; I hope they continue to make these formulas for us!






No comments :
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.